This sports book was first founded in 2008 as a subsidiary of 888 Holdings Plc, which is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange. It’s based in Gibraltar and holds a gambling license in Gibraltar, as well as a number of other countries including Spain, Denmark, Italy, the UK, Romania, Ireland, and the US states of New Jersey, Delaware, and Nevada.
Ready to get more details, and see if this online betting site is right for your sports bets? Keep reading, and get a breakdown of everything you need to know about gambling on 888sport.
888sport has some of the best gambling software online, with rapid updates, plentiful bet opportunities, and advanced statistics and features that can help you make the most of your bets.
Pros & Cons For Using 888sport (Our Experience)
Looking for some quick takeaways before you dive into the full review? Here’s an outline of the pros and cons of 888sport, based on our experience trying out this online sportsbook.
- Simple, straightforward sign-up bonuses and promotions
- Plentiful statistics for upcoming and in-progress games
- Live betting for most games, with live streaming or game trackers available for almost every match
- Strong reputation, with years of history in the Canadian sports betting market
- Fully licensed and regulated with the UK Gambling Commission in Gibraltar, with country/state-specific licenses where needed
- Big winners may run into issues with winnings limits, or withdrawal limits using certain payment methods
- You can’t play poker or casino games on the 888sport website. These are not integrated into the sportsbook website, so you must go to its partner website 888casino or 888poker instead.
The 888sport sportsbook was first founded in Gibraltar in 2008 and has grown into one of the most well-known online sports betting platforms since it was founded over a decade ago. It’s licensed in a number of different countries, including the United States of America. It made headlines as the first-ever online casino to be licensed by the Nevada Gaming Commission. The company is also licensed in a number of other European countries, and you can view its international gambling license from Gibraltar here.
Overall, 888sport delivers a great online sportsbook, with an incredibly sleek, modern, and easy-to-use website that provides fantastic mobile support – as well as a dedicated mobile app for iOS and Android that’s absolutely top-notch. In this review, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about this platform, including betting options and markets, banking, customer support, associated brands, and much more. Let’s get started now.
Which Markets Does 888sport Cover?
888sport covers just about every sporting market in the world, as well as novel categories like politics, TV & novelty betting, winter sports, and chess. Currently, it offers more than 35 markets including:
- American football
- Football (soccer)
- Greyhound racing
- Horse racing
- Rugby League/Union
- Table tennis
A few of the biggest leagues covered by these betting markets include the NFL and CFL (Canadian Football League), English Premier League (EPL), NHL, and MLB.
As you would expect, 888sport supports all standard bets including 1×2 betting, accumulator betting, and system bets. It even offers a comprehensive betting encyclopedia that goes over betting rules for each market it offers.
There are plenty of special bets to choose from, too. For example, in football matches, you can bet on the following special outcomes, among others:
- First goalscorer
- Last goalscorer
- Booking points and yellow/red cards
- Next assist
- Man of the Match
Overall, you will never be at a loss for betting opportunities on 888sport, thanks to its huge variety of leagues and betting markets, along with special bets and live betting options.
Odds At 888sport
Overall, the odds at 888sport are comparable to other online sports betting websites. Compare it to other sports betting websites, and you’ll find similar overall lines on top sporting events across all major leagues.
However, 888sport does have odds boosts through “Profit Boost Tokens.” These tokens may be earned by members through special promotions, such as making a specified number of bets in a given time period and can boost your profits by up to 100% if your bet wins.
In addition, 888sport does offer some daily “888 specials” which offer more favorable odds on particular matches and outcomes, and a reduced vig for 888sport – making it easier for you to win big.
Finally, there is a unique bet calculator offered by 888sport. This is a useful tool if you’re building a complex accumulator bet, and it supports a wide variety of bet formats and odds.
Offers, Bonuses & Promotions At 888sport
888sport is a great option for Canadians looking for generous bonuses, offers, and promotions for new players. Here are a few of the options:
- Up to $200 on first Deposit – This welcome offer is simple. Receive a bonus of 100% of your first deposit.
- Win at 4/1, earn a $5 free bet – If you place a bet ($10 minimum) on a betting outcome with a 4/1 (5.00+) odds, and your bet wins, you’ll get a $5 free bet, up to a maximum of $10 in free bets per day. You can make use of this promotion every day, so it’s a great benefit if you like making high-odds bets.
- Refunds on missed American league Accumulator bets – if you place an accumulator bet of $5 or more on at least 5 selections ( 3/10 or 1.30 odds minimum) on MLB, MLS, NFL, NBA, or NHL games, you’ll get a refund of up to $25 if you miss a single bet selection.
With limited fine print and easy redemption, these bonus offers at 888sport are seriously attractive, and one of the reasons we think this platform is a great option for Canadian gamblers.