But is this online casino a good choice if you’re looking to place bets on sports, play live casino games, or play video poker, slots, and other such games?
In this full-length, comprehensive review of LeoVegas, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about this Swedish online gambling platform. From safety and security, to placing bets, withdrawing and depositing cash, special promotions, and more, we’ll discuss all the details you need to decide if LeoVegas is right for you.
While it’s definitely focused more on casino gamblers than it is on sports bettors, it still provides a very smooth betting experience.
Pros & Cons For Using LeoVegas (Our Experience)
Want a quick overview of our takeaways from LeoVegas? Here’s a list of the pros and cons that we found throughout the process of testing this casino and sportsbook platform.
- Absolutely fantastic mobile experience, both in browsers and in the LeoVegas app for iOS and Android
- A huge number of both video and live casino games including blackjack, poker, jackpot, game shows, and much more
- Sports betting is done through the Kambi sports betting software, and LeoVegas offers 30+ sports and events with hundreds of total betting markets
- Regularly audited by third parties to ensure fairness in both sports betting and casino gaming
- Friendly 24/7 customer support via live chat, email, and phone worldwide
- Casino games are not organized very well, so it can be hard to find particular types of games like video poker
- Offers a wide variety of deposit options in Canada, but a much more limited number of withdrawal options
About The Brand – What To Know About LeoVegas
LeoVegas is a Swedish online gaming company, which was first founded in 2011. It’s publicly-traded on the Stockholm Stock Exchange and is one of the leading mobile casinos and sportsbooks in all of Europe. It serves customers nationwide, including Canadians.
It is licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority internationally, underneath the license number MGA/CRP/237/2013, and is further regulated and licensed at a state level in The United Kingdom, Ireland, and Denmark.
Overall, LeoVegas is definitely a reputable, legitimate company, and it’s known for its excellence in mobile online gaming. It has earned more than two dozen awards in the last 7 years, including:
- 2013 Best Innovation In Casino of the Year – EGR Nordic Awards
- 2015 Grand Prize Award – GP Bullhound Summit
- 2016 Online Casino Operator of the Year – International Gaming Awards
- 2018 Best Sports Betting Operator – EGR Nordic Awards
- 2019 Online Casino Of The Year – Global Gaming Awards
- 2019 Innovation In Casino Entertainment – SBC Awards
It offers sports betting on more than 30 different sports leagues and other events with hundreds of different betting sub-markets, as well as more than 700 casino games, and a variety of live casino games.
Which Markets Does LeoVegas Cover?
LeoVegas currently provides wagers on 30+ different sports. Some of the most popular sports markets covered by LeoVegas include:
- American football
- Beach volleyball
Each of these categories has a wide variety of sub-markets, too. For example, most football (soccer) leagues have 200+ sub-markets where you can place bets on different outcomes.
Some of the most well-known leagues that you can bet on with LeoVegas include the NHL, NBA, English Premier League (EPL), EFL Championship, and NFL.
You have a tremendous variety of betting options, on each match, too. LeoVegas uses the well-known Kambi betting software, which provides single bets, combination bets, and system bets. You can start betting with a minimum of just $0.10. There are no betting limits – however, you cannot bet more money than you currently have in your available balance.
You can bet on both pre-game results, and on live outcomes during the game. There are a wide variety of special bets available, too. In Premier League games, for example, you can bet on the first goal, score at halftime, number of fouls and penalties, and much more.
Odds At LeoVegas
Overall, LeoVegas offers excellent odds on its casino games. You can expect an overall odds quality and payout ratio of about 95.63%, which is higher than much of the competition.
They also have great odds on sports betting for major sports leagues like the English Premier League (EPL), which are in line with other major sportsbooks.
It also has a variety of different odds boosts and free bet promotions, which gamblers can use to win big on major sporting events. For example, you can get up to 2 free tennis bets and 9 profit boosts per week.
In addition, if you place an accumulator bet with three or more selections on ice hockey, football basketball, volleyball, handball, American football, cricket, or eSports, your winnings will be boosted.
Finally, through the LeoVegas partnership with LVFC (Las Vegas Lights Football Club), you can earn up to 12 weekly profit boosts or free bets when betting on soccer matches.
Offers, Bonuses & Promotions At LeoVegas
As of publication time, LeoVegas offered the following promotions to new gamblers in Canada:
- Casino: Get up to $1,000 and 122 free spins on Book of the Dead. You have 14 days to claim this bonus after registering, and you must meet a 20x wagering requirement before bonus cash can be withdrawn from your account.
- Live Casino: Up to $500 extra to use on select Live Casino games. This bonus cash can only be used on Live Casino games. No other games qualify. You must meet a 40x wagering requirement before you can withdraw bonus cash. However, you can withdraw non-bonus cash before meeting this requirement without forfeiting your bonus award.
- Sports: Free sports bets of up to $300 when you make your first bet of $10 or more and meet all wagering requirements. This bonus cannot be used with any other Profit Boosts. A qualifying bet must be placed within 7 days of the first deposit to qualify, with a $50 maximum bet.
You can see a current overview of the welcome offers offered by LeoVegas here to learn more about how to qualify and redeem these offers. These bonuses are fairly generous, and there’s something here for everyone – whether you like video casino games, live casino games or sports betting.