Stefanos Tsitsipas and Andrey Rublev will face off in the night session of day 2 at the Nitto ATP finals at the Pala Alpitour in Turin on November 15, 2021:
- Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev
- Tennis – Nitto ATP Finals
- Date – 16/11/2021
- Starting time – 3 PM ET
- Venue: Pala Alpitour, Turin, Italy
Stefanos Tsitsipas Stats & Form
Tsitsipas was a set away from winning his first Grand Slam this season as he led 2-0 against Novak Djokovic in the French Open final but it seems like that failure ruined his confidence. To make things even worse for the Greek, he retired in the second round of last week’s Paris Masters against Alexei Popyrin with a minor injury.
Previously Tsitsipas lost to players that he is expected not to have any problems with. In Vienna he lost in three sets to Frances Tiafoe after beating Grigor Dimitrov in the first round. In Indian Wells, he also lost in three sets, this time against Nikoloz Basilashvili in the quarterfinals. He defeated Fabio Fognini, Alex De Minaur and Pedro Martinez until that point.
This season, Tsitsipas has a 55-18 overall record, with 26-8 on hard surface and only 6-4 indoors.
- Form curve Stefanos Tsitsipas for the last 5 matches: L, L, W, L, W
- Stefanos Tsitsipas: Last win against Andrey Rublev (2-0 on 18/4/2021)
Stefanos Tsitsipas News
Tsitsipas is still not at 100% after recent injuries but will try his best in Turin. Despite his bad form in the second part of the season, he still has a great all-round game and can be dangerous if underestimated.
Andrey Rublev Stats & Form
After a sensational 2020 season winning five trophies, Andrey Rublev has had many ups and downs this year. He did win in March in Rotterdam in similar conditions like the ones in Turin but he didn’t have many more glamorous moments since, especially in the last couple of months.
He lost his first match at the Paris Masters 7-6, 6-4 to Taylor Fritz. Previously, on home court in St. Petersburg, the Russian was eliminated in his second match, losing 6-3, 6-4 to Van De Zandschulp.
In Moscow, Rublev also went out early, losing to Adrian Mannarino in his first match. The 24-year-old Russian is 48-20 this season, with 25-10 on hard and 7-3 indoors.
- Form curve Andrey Rublev for the last 5 matches: L, L, W, L, L
- Andrey Rublev: Last win against Stefanos Tsitsipas (2-0 on 6/3/2021)
Andrey Rublev News
Rublev will make his debut at the ATP finals but with his current form it will be surprising if he goes past the group phase.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev Head-to-Head Stats
Tsitsipas lead the all-time series 5-4 against Rublev, winning three of the last five. They are 3-3 on hard surface. Last time they played in Monte Carlo finals this year, when Tsitsipas won 6-3, 6-3.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Andrey Rublev Betting Odds
- Tsitsipas is a slight favorite in the match with -135 odds while Rublev is at 109.
- The game margin is at 22.5 with -133 to go over and 103 to go under.
Both players come into the tournament with questionable form. What is not questionable is their competitive spirit and desire to win. Anyway, Tsitsipas is a better player with much more experience on the biggest stages which will prevail in this one.
- Tip Quote (Tsitsipas win): -135 by 22bet
- Tip Quote (Rublev win): 109 by 22bet
- Expert betting tip: Stefanos Tsitsipas to win (-135 by 22bet)