- Alexander Zverev and Matteo Berrettini
- Tennis – Nitto ATP Finals
- Date – 14/11/2021
- Starting time – 3 PM ET
- Venue: Pala Alpitour, Turin, Italy
Alexander Zverev Stats & Form
Alexander Zverev has been one of the most consistent players on the tour this season. He has a 55-14 overall record this year with 28-6 on hard surface and 9-2 indoor. Zverev won five titles this year in Acapulco, Madrid, Tokyo Olympics, Cincinnati and most recently Vienna.
He was pretty dominant in Vienna at the end of October dropping only two sets against Felix Auger-Aliassime and Alex De Minaur on his way to the title. The surface in Vienna is similar to the one in Turin which gives Zverev extra confidence that he can go deep in the tournament. Zverev is not considered a top favorite to win but he has everything he needs to upset both Novak Djokovic or Daniil Medvedev.
Alexander Zverev News
Zverev has won 28 of his last 31 games on a hard surface and indoors and is ready to show his great form in Turin. Last season he failed to advance from the group stage and the same scenario would be very disappointing if happens again.
Matteo Berrettini Stats & Form
Berrettini has made a huge leap this season finding his spot among the top 10 players at the ATP rankings and with his game he will probably stay there for a long time. The Italian won two titles this season in Belgrade and Queen’s club on clay and grass but has also performed well on hard surface.
He made it to his first Grand Slam final this season at Wimbledon where he won the first set against Novak Djokovic but couldn’t do a sensation. Most recently, the 25-year-old wasn’t on his top game as he exited early in the only two tournaments he played after the US Open.
Two weeks ago in Vienna, Berrettini lost in the third round against Carlos Alcaraz in the decisive tie-break previously going past Alexei Popyrin and Nikoloz Basilashvili. In Indian Wells, he lost his second match to Taylor Fritz in straight sets after defeating Alejandro Tablio in the previous round.
Berrettini has a 41-11 overall record this year, with 14-5 on hard and 3-1 indoors.
Matteo Berrettini News
This is Matteo Berrettini’s first appearance at the ATP finals but he is ready to show his home crowd that he belongs among the eight best players on the tour.
Alexander Zverev and Matteo Berrettini Head-to-Head Stats
- Alexander Zverev leads 3-1 in head-to-heads against Berrettini.
- The last time they played was in Madrid in May this year where the German won 6-7, 6-4, 6-3.
- In 2019 they played in Shanghai where Zverev won 6-4, 6-3.
- The only Berrettini’s win came in Rome in 2019, 7-5, 7-5.
- Their first game came the previous year in Rome when Zverev won 7-5, 6-2.
Alexander Zverev and Matteo Berrettini Betting Odds
- Zverev is the favorite to win this match with odds set at -286.
- The odds for Berrettini to make an upset are set at 220.
- The total games margin is 22.5 with -118 to go over and -105 to go under.
Alexander Zverev’s game is on top level and despite Berrettini’s improvement and will to perform well in front of his home crown, Zverev will take care of business in straight sets.
Zverev has a better overall game than the Italian who will probably manage to stay long in the sets but Zverev’s quality will prevail.
- Tip Quote (Zverev win): -282 by 22bet
- Tip Quote (Berrettini win): 220 by 22bet
- Expert betting tip: Alexander Zverev win 2-0 (101 by 22bet)